"Quadrophenia" Reissue

This just in!

Believe it or not, about a month ago I wrote Andy Mackaie, Vice President
of Catalog Development and Special Markets at MCA, concerning the "Quad"
reissure--would it be one CD or two?  Believe it or not, he wrote me back.
According to him (and he should know), the reissue will be a double CD.
As he puts it, "We have sold these Who albums seven ways from Sunset, and
need to give people the absolute best, most complete rendition of each and
every one we can this go-round or why would anyone buy them again?"  He
also added more news.  I'll quote from his letter to me:

"As luck would have it, not only did I win the argument [in favor of a
two CD set], but Jon Astley has subsequently found new material from Quad
and is adding it, as well as the songs added to the score for the movie
version to our forthcoming release [sic].  I can't say more, but let it
be said that those fans who already have purchased Quad on CD will have
more reason than just remixing to purchase it again. (Actually, I only
heard this today and don't know all the details.)"

The letter is dated March 11.  Just thought I'd pass this news on to y'all.

Cheers!

Marshall