Re: Orlando '82

Randall Hixson wrote:

>I had no idea this show was ever broadcast on radio. I'd kill to have a copy
>of it. I snuck a microcassette recorder into the show and made a horrible
>recording (now long-gone) which I enjoyed nonetheless.

>Is there any station/network identification on the recording? Maybe one of
>our intrepid record show browsers could track down a copy of it on vinyl or
>something.

        I taped a part of the show off of WDIZ in Orlando. At the time they
sponsored a lot of the Rock Superbowl shows, like this one with the Who,
Joan Jett, and B-52's who were booed promptly off the stage... They
broadcast the show once full length and when I taped what I have, it was a
rebroadcast of just portions of the show - about an hours worth. The tape I
have is about worn out. I don't know if WDIZ taped it and broadcast it
themselves, which they did of other shows at the time, or if it was a King
Buscuit or something like that... but a solid mix none the less. It would be
cool to get a full length version of it. Those drag shots of the Who were
from the FL stay... they were in a lot of papers!
        Also on the Tommy re-issue... Only Blockbuster Music had A SINGLE
copy so far and I bought that. So locally here it is not yet available...
They need to have a sticker on it. I could tell what it was, but others may
be confused by the 'digitally remastered' stickers on the older Tommy's. I
have to say its totally amazing. I thought I would just listen to a bit of
it, but I was held for the entire set. I say it beats the Mobile Fidelity
edition. A stunner... better than what I expected! The liner notes are great
as well.