Re: Hyde Park

At 01:47 PM 6/30/96 -0400, Mark wrote:

>... I'm surprised that we haven't gotten any
>reports about Hyde from our British members ...

     Well, I'm not a British member, but I am
suffering from (1) jet lag, (2) misery over a
*terrible* boot that I made, and (3) just
sitting in the lotus position remembering how
*great* I thought the show was ...

> ... I want facts, man!

     That I can help with, a bit ...

> ... did they do it all?

     Yep. Start to finish, plus an encore of
5:15.

>I assume from the info we have so far that
>"guests" recounted their own experiences of
>Modism ...

     Nope. Guests played the parts of different
characters from the album & film.

>I suppose this is what was meant by it being
>like PSYCHO and multi-media).

     Nope -- methinx the "Psycho" reference was
to "Jimmy" narrating the story segments in
first-person; multi-media was in two parts --
a collage of The Who and film-like clips of the
Quad story itself. IMO, It seemed very much to
be a retrospective of The Who as well as the
story of a character's progressive alienation
and ultimate self-redemption.

>I suppose that this would mean that QUAD would
>run over 1 1/2 hours, too.

     Right at 90 minutes.

>we who are going to MSG will be well pleased
>with what we see.

     Yes.

>... if you haven't got an axe to grind you should
>go into cabaret."

     This is no cabaret, folks. Methinx Pete's
not at all sure what axe he wants to grind or how,
but the edge is sharper than anything else out
there.
Bad defeats Good then self-destructs ...