Re: snippet I saw of Hyde....

At 07:07 PM 6/29/96 -0700, Jeff Williams wrote:

>I don't like David Gilmour ...

     I do. Thought he did a great job. Heaven
knows he was better than Steve Bolton ...

>...was that Zak Starkey on Drums?

     Yep. Good job on the bass drums, and he
does the best cymbal-slapping I've seen since
... 1976.

>Nice patch, Roger ...

     The eye underneath was something else
entirely. Lucky he didn't lose it.

>Sound was, oh, so so. Not terrible, not great.

     Certainly had some trouble with the vocals;
I thought everything else was handled pretty
well -- particularly Rabbit's.

>Didn't blow me away, but I wouldn't've flown
>over there to see it...

     I did -- glad I did. The feeling from the
crowd made it special beyond the music, at least
for me ...

>... I don't wanna hear, "oh, you should've been
>there - it was much better live", or "oh, you're
>just sour grapes". etc. etc.

     None of that from my corner -- you're
entitled to your opinion. IMO, the test of a great
band is the *feeling* that it gives to the material
in front of a crowd. At Hyde Park, 150,000 people
came out and celebrated The Who on stage again.
Even the Prince was rockin' ... ;-} And Pete led
everyone out for an encore of 5:15 because they
didn't have anything else ready -- but wanted to
give us something more "anyway, anywhere, anyhow"

>Eventually the entire show will be on videotape.

     I'll pay for that, too.
Bad defeats Good then self-destructs ...