Mould Bashing, etc.

Without naming names (this phrase alone is probably sufficient to indicate
who it is I'm talking about, which, if true, speaks volumes), let's knock off
the Bob Mould bashing and try to keep this list on topic. Not all of us want
(or can afford) to spend all day reading a clogged-up digest filled with
useless drivel stemming from someone's need to publicly display a curiously
excessive, beleagured and vulgar diatribe against Bob Mould.
Enough already. No one on this list really cares what you think about Mould.
Why do you feel this need to continually broach the subject, complete with
adolescent-level homophobia mixed in.

Pete Townshend is a fan of Bob Mould's music; Pete was to produce the next
Husker Du album after Warehouse, until the band broke up before the album
could be started. Pete personally asked Bob to open the NYC Supper Club
shows, just as Pete was the one who asked The Clash to open the '82 tour,
etc. My point is only that Pete listens to a wide variety of music, as do
most of us. He doesn't just listen to The Who. And if one's own musical
tastes are not perfectly isomorphic to Pete's, it doesn't warrant telling the
musician Pete has selected to open for him to, for example, "go home" or "get
off the stage".

It's really a shame that an individual with so much valid Who information,
information that can be quite helpful to many list-members, feels the need to
over-expose themselves and continuously try to dominate the tone of this
list. Maybe it's the whole *He who has the most toys wins* mentality, which I
fully expect to see realized once again after this message is posted.

David Thirteen

*I was a detective; brave and fearless. Like Sherlock I had my idiot partner.
We called him Fan and he was black. I always listened carefully to whatever
he said, then disregarded it. Why, at this point in my career, should I have
even bothered with such buffoonery?*

       ---  opening paragraph from the story *The Plate* in *Horse's Neck*