Re: Quad '73 shows

>Ah hah, here is your mistake, "According to Pete".  Pete has some
>problems:
>1. His memory isn't very good
>2. He tends to make history into what he wants to be at the present.
>3. "he is a compulsive liar" says Roger Daltrey

Bruce:

Maybe, but that was written in a RS article at the time. I'll have to look
up exactly what he said, but the article was called: QUAD: The Spooky Tour.
Damn not having my reference material here at the store!

>Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, My Wife, My Generation, I Am The Sea,
>The Real Me, Punk & The Godfather, I'm One, Helpless Dancer, 5:15, Sea
>& Sand, Drowned, Bell Boy, Dr. Jimmy, The Rock, Love Reign O'er Me,
>Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me

What's wrong with this picture? MG at the beginning (very unusual except
during the `82 tour) and WGFA NOT at the end (and the two TOMMY songs! Very
unusual at the end, or as an encore).
It does look a lot like the line-up on Tales and Taking The Capitol...which
probably isn't the order they were played in.

>Philly and Landover (aka Largo, Washington DC) were the last shows of
>the US tour.  Joel can better describe the Landover show since he was
>there.

My wife is from DC, and saw many shows there (not that one, but it was
before I met her so I forgive her...and I wouldn't have been there anyway).
But this too is unusual, because they generally began their tours on the
East Coast and ended on the West Coast.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend