Re: Quad '73 shows

You wrote:

>Now that goes against what I've read about the tour. According to
Pete,

Ah hah, here is your mistake, "According to Pete".  Pete has some
problems:
1. His memory isn't very good
2. He tends to make history into what he wants to be at the present.
3. "he is a compulsive liar" says Roger Daltrey

 he
>trashed the tapes and then the band played a "greatest hits" tour from
that
>point on. I know they played at least part of QUAD with the tapes at
Largo
>and Philly, but I'm sure they were early dates in the tour.
>Anyone here see them later in the tour, and therefore can answer this
question?

The basic setlist after the first show (from Generations) was:

Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, My Wife, My Generation, I Am The Sea,
The Real Me, Punk & The Godfather, I'm One, Helpless Dancer, 5:15, Sea
& Sand, Drowned, Bell Boy, Dr. Jimmy, The Rock, Love Reign O'er Me,
Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me

Some shows included: Smokestack Lightning, Let's See Action,
Substitute, Naked Eye, Magic Bus, and a second My Generation

The Rock was dropped for the US tour, and half way through the US tour
Helpless Dancer (w/John playing French Horn live) was dropped.  By the
time of French tour of '74 I Am The Sea had been dropped as well.

Philly and Landover (aka Largo, Washington DC) were the last shows of
the US tour.  Joel can better describe the Landover show since he was
there.

Bruce