Who covering others

Has anyone ( MCA, the band or anyone else) ever bruited the idea of
releasing an album  consisting of material previously performed by the Who
but of songs written by someone other than PT or another member of the Who?
In other words, songs covered by the Who? It would seem appropriate for a
number of reasons that such album be restricted to live-only material. Songs
that might be good for this project would be Please, Please, Please or I
Don't Mind, Eyesight To The Blind, Bony Monorie, C'mon Everybody, All Right
Now, Dancing In The Street, Pretty Vacant, I'm a Man, and alternate versions
of Summertime Blues, Shakin All Over, and Fortune Teller. Also, Hey Joe.
Does anyone think this is a good idea? If you agree that it is, what songs
would you like to see on  such album? (To me such the idea seems a natural
for a good band with a long history but you rarely see it being done. For
example, I'd also like to see a "Stones Sing Chuck Berry", or "Stones Sing
Motown"....Gary M.