Re: Quad '73 shows

At 01:29 PM 06/29/96 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman) wrote:

>>actually they played a total of 33 shows which could qualify as 'quadrophenia
>>shows'.     14 in the U.K.,  12 in the U.S. and the rest in France in Feb. of
>>'74.     Pete's fit occurred 11/5/73 at the Newcastle City Hall in the U.K.
>>   the tapes worked quite well for most of the rest of the tour.    The show
>>I saw in Detroit (available on some boot somewhere) was probably the best Who
>>performance i've seen.
>

>TB:
>
>Now that goes against what I've read about the tour. According to Pete, he
>trashed the tapes and then the band played a "greatest hits" tour from that
>point on. I know they played at least part of QUAD with the tapes at Largo
>and Philly, but I'm sure they were early dates in the tour.
>Anyone here see them later in the tour, and therefore can answer this question?

When I saw them Dec. 2, 1973 at the Montreal Forum they played quite a bit
of Quad. I can list the songs from my tape if you like. I do recall them
having problems synching the tapes with the playing.

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
Queensbury, NY  12804

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.siggroup.com/thewho/albums