Re: the Who and LIVE AID--a kind of history

>>My most abiding memory of Live Aid, which I watched on the telly, is
>that about 30 seconds into The 'Oo's set we lost the picture and got
sound only
>until about 30 seconds from the end. Did American viewers suffer the
same
>disappointment? Was this a deliberate ploy to boost video sales? (All in
an excellent cause, of course).

>>Pardon me if this has come up before, but I'm new here.
>
>Mark:
>
>As far as I've ever heard, there's been no offical release of Live
>Aid. Not in the US, anyway...was there for Britian? We got a bit more
than 30
>seconds; all of Love Reign O'er Me and part of two other songs. But it
>was dissapointing to sit through Billy Ocean to not see The Who.
>                   Cheers                   ML

I was at home when the Live Aid broadcast was on the air on the telly and
radio. During the radio broadcast, the Who opened up with MY GENERATION and a few seconds through, there was a power failure and the sound came to
a sudden halt. Later it came back on in a few seconds and they resumed
playing. Just a technical glitch. Songs to follow: PINBALL WIZARD, LOVE
REIGN O'ER ME, and WGFA. I only saw WGFA on video in a later edited tv
showing. When overconfident Pete slipped when he tried to kick the
microphone during WGFA, Roger deliberately thumbled on the stage to save
Pete's face. It was not an act. Just a professional save. They will
always be mates.

Mike