Quad 1973 & Pink Floyd's The Wall

A few thoughts from this corner...

1) Those of you who have said "Quad has never had the live performance it
should..." must not have been there in '73.  I know that what is left is
just stories of how disasterous the whole tour was, but, as someone who saw
it, I beg to differ - it was awesome.  Sloppy at times, but so powerful.  I'm
looking forward to what is coming up, but it can NEVER match what was done in
'73... I gurantee it wont end with a PT smashed Les Paul, as the Philly show
did... it won't have PT doing non-stop windmills and splits... it won't have
Keith grabbing the spotlight for Bell Boy.  I'm not just being nostalgic, just
cuationing those who weren't there to be careful about what they say.

2) As far as what we will see, I would guess (read GUESS, nothing more) that
we will get a cross between the Psychoderelict performance and Pink Floyd's
Wall concerts in the 70's.  I think it will be an expensive extravaganza with
much smoke and mirrors, but little room for improvisation.  While I would love
to see another set, I personally doubt we will get it... otherwise it would
have been billed as a Who show.  I may be (and sort of hope I am) way wrong,
but from knowing what PT is into these days, and what I infer, that may be what
we see.  I also expect minimal other "guests" - possibly Clapton, not Dylan...
I think the "Special guests" referred to in the ads are merely the backing
band.

Just a few thoughts on the eve of the premiere...

- - Mason