Re: MSG & Clapton

From: WFang01@aol.com

Keep in mind that the Rainbow shows were for Clapton and his material.
Now,
we're talking about Pete's songs and Pete's spotlight...  I could be
wrong,
but...
<<<

My point exactly.  The Rainbow shows were for EC, and Pete was glad to be
in the "background."  Seems like Eric might feel this is a chance for him
to repay the favor.

In fact, it seems that Pete has spent the last few years kind of ducking
the spotlight.  Even his recent solo shows were done in smaller venues.
 He *has* to know that the moment he takes the stage with John and Roger
that he will be The Man again.  He *has* to know that the spotlight ain't
gonna be any large or brighter than when he's on stage with them playing
Who music.  It appears to me that he has really avoided this reality for
awhile now.  Just like Clapton had his reason for avoiding performance (a
gnarly addiction to Burmese Brown), Pete has his own reason (inability to
come to terms with the place of the Who and their music in his current
life).

I'm just thinking out loud, here, of course, but I wonder how much
Clapton had to do with Pete's decision to play with John and Roger again.
 I'd like to think that Eric saw a similar situation to his own (before
the Rainbow shows), and decided (as Pete did for Eric) that what Pete
really needs is to quit thinking about it so much and just go play.

OK,
KLW