Re: Why not just Quad?

<< There has been lots of discussion about what else they will perform
besides
 Quadrophenia.  Why does anyone assume there will be more.  I don't think
 it's supposed to be like the Tommy thing in 89.  Has someone read something
 that I haven't.  Given the Hyde Park schedule it seems unlikely that
 anything else will happen, and how much trouble would they go to for just a
 handful of MSG shows.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to feel ripped off if I fly
to NY, spend $ on a ticket, hotel and overpriced food -- and our old friends
perform a mere 82 minutes of material.  I even feel cheated if a movie's
running time falls under ninety minutes and I only spend $7.50 at the most on
that.  At these prices, and considering we've waited so long for this reunion
thing to happen again -- I'll be disappointed if this show is anything less
than 2 3/4 hours long.  And that means more than Quadrophenia.  (I won't
settle for longer versions of 5:15 and Dr. Jimmy.)

Why would you assume they'll only play what they play at Hyde Park?  So far,
it sounds like they don't have to share the stage with Alanis, Dylan, etc. at
MSG.  Is it really "trouble" to play a few songs from their past?  Maybe an
extra rehearsal or two to make sure they remember how to play Baba..., Fooled
Again..., etc.