Re: MSG & Clapton

From: WFang01@aol.com

>[suggestion of Clapton sitting in with the boys at MSG]<
That would work great in terms of performance... but what of Pete's ego?
think one of the reasons we didn't have Joe Walsh for '89 or any other
"name"
guitarist, was due to Pete not wanting anyone coming back to him saying,
"hey, he played that song better than you!" Always remember where Pete
wants
the spotlight...
<<<

True, but I would hope that if PT learned anything from the Broadway
experience, it's that he can't do everything.  Also, in spite of his ego,
he has occasionally shown an amazing ability to step out of the limelight
(like the Rainbow shows).  I think if there were anyone who Pete would
trust not to step all over his moment, it would be EC, who has spent most
of his career sacrificing personal limelight for the good of the music.

From: mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)

First of all, it has been confirmed that Clapton WILL be at MSG playing
WITH
The Who...according to the promotor
<<<

This is the first I've heard of it -- The previous exchanges were only
speculation (and hope) on my part.  Details, please!  Mark: what is the
date of the quote in your new sig line?  It has taken on new relevance
for me since seeing the B'way Tommy...

OK,
KLW

ps:  To George and everyone going to Hyde Park: safe journey and best
wishes for a great show!