Re: any hope?

ms, re:

>Stacey, I'm sorry you took my frustrations personally. I really didn't mean
>it. I'm just pissed that they haven't announced any shows closer to home.
>Plus, my wife is giving me all kinds of crap about going to NYC just to
>capture a piece of my lost youth.

<Riker> her! Show her who's king of the castle. Who's the general and who's
the lowly private? Besides, if you find that missing piece, you may just be a
happier camper!

> We are going to the Olympics and leaving on Fri 7/19, so my in/out trip to
NYC along with the cash output, is less than popular.

Oh, <Riker> the Olympics. After all, who wants to see a bunch of people
running, jumping and who-knows-what else. What's more important,
"Quadrophenia" or... ???

>>I love her but, I made her stand in line for 5 hours when she was
>pregnant in 1975 for a Who concert and she has't forgiven me since.

Really? Holding a grudge that long? She should worship the ground you walk
on. Tell her to quit bitchin' and moaning and start making your life happier.
You bring home the bread and butter, right? Well, she needs to appreciate
everything YOU'VE done for her.. AND she was LUCKY to see The Who in '75.
Don't let her forget that!

>A number of people that I know who live in and around NYC are really great.
>My son was just there with some of his friends and he was treated like a
>prince by a family from Long Island that he never met before. I don't
>know...every time I've been to NYC it has been a weird and hecktic
>experience....thus my hasty generalization which I again appologize for.
>Right now, I wish I lived in NYC.

Nah, you don't want to live in NYC... (sorry NY'ers). It's got great
restuarants and record stores (sometimes---but not lately) and stuff
happens... but it's a much better place to visit than to live...

So... there you have it...

- -wf