Re: MSG & Clapton

>AGREE!!!! I saw Clapton in late '94, doing his blues thing at MSG. IT was
>2 hours, of EC doing the Under the Cradle album+,  sitting on stool, (ala
>his unplugged show). The only acknowledgement of anything previous he did
>was a slow version of "Born Under a Bad Sign".  The crowd was very
>respectful, and appreciative of the show. About 40 minutes into the show,
>some jerkoff behind me starts yelling "White Room!!" over and over for
>about 20 mintues.......Always an asshole somewhere.

Rich:

First of all, it has been confirmed that Clapton WILL be at MSG playing WITH
The Who...according to the promotor. I'm still seeking info about Dylan one
way or the other. It has also been said that he might sing "a couple" songs,
but I suppose we'll know about that one way or the other after Hyde Park.
I wanted to mention this before, too: Townshend joined Clapton on stage in
`74 in Greensboro (8/75) and played a few numbers. I wasn't there and kicked
myself. According to someone who was, Pete came out guitar in hand and did
the opening for Pinball Wizard...then stopped and said: "No, this isn't MY
show." The crowd went wild.
Secondly, it has been confirmed that I have "golden circle" tickets
(whatever that means) for the 17th. So I can offer the ones in section 404
now: $40 each plus whatever small amount it will take to get them to ya.
Anyone interested please EMail.

>P.S. TO MARK L. Did you get my package in the mail?

Thirdly, no. But I haven't checked the mail yet, either. I'll let you know a
little later.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend