Re: Post Who's Next

     I don't know if anyone's responded to this yet because my e-mail could
     not be more screwed-up.  I hate to see a Who fan looking for info and
     unable to find it:

     ^^"...In may of 1972, the Who tried to record a new album that
     ^^included several more leftovers from Lifehouse, but the project was
     ^^abandoned when the members felt it was coming out as 'volume 2' of
     ^^Who's Next..."
     ^^What "project" is he talking about? It obviously isn't Odds and
     ^^Sodds...
     ^^Also, does anyone know for sure whether Long Live Rock was intended
     ^^to be part of Lifehouse or not?
     ^^David Thirteen

     In May 1972 The Who went back in the studio to record the leftover
     tracks from "Lifehouse" that they hadn't recorded to their
     satisfaction.  They also recorded at least 2 new tracks, "Love, Reign
     O'er Me" and "Long Live Rock."  Both were supposedly going to be in
     the next project, a rock opera that would trace the history of The
     Who.  It eventually became Quadrophenia, and LLR was dropped.  The odd
     thing about LLR is  that, prior to the release of Quadrophenia, The
     Who gave it to a band to play in Keith's movie "That'll Be The Day."

     The Who were going to release the rest of the Lifehouse material as
     side one of a new album with the other side being live recordings from
     San Francisco 1971.  They ultimately rejected that idea as not
     momentous enough for The Who, so they put it out as 2 singles.
     Bootlegs of the 1972 material appeared very soon after, and The Who
     felt the need to get them out, hence Odds & Sods.

                Hope this is what you wanted to know
                (and if anyone feels there are innaccuracies in this,
                please post!)
                                        Brian