Rock and Roll: Social History

_Rock and Roll: A Social History_ (1996), by a professor of music named
Paul Friedlander, just showed up in my university library.  Along with
chapters on the Beatles, the Stones, and Dylan, there's one on the Who.
It looks to be a summary of their career, but, after I've read the entire
book, I'll post a short review.

One point of interest I've already noted is that Friedlander contends the
Who's music is more intellectual that the Beatles's or the Stones's,
while, at the same time, it was as loud and powerful as anyone else's.