Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #195

From: Ray Schweighardt <rainman@buttercup.cybernex.net>
>I would assume there will be NO opening act for Quadrophenia, and that it
>will work similar to the "Tommy" shows (QUAD, intermission, "Greatest Hits").

I am told that the show will be Quad only.  (Good research on Dylan,
BTW :-).

> From: "Jennifer L. Davies" <jen@nt.net>
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 12:26:39 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: second billing????
>
> >17:35 - 19:10   The Live Premier of Quadrophenia
> >19:45 - 21:15   Eric Clapton & his Band
> >21:30           Concert ends
>
>         Were I the Who (or Who's Left) I would resent that!  Quad is
> supposed to the highlight of the show!  Oh, well, there's nothing can be done.

Well, it obviously _will_ be (the highlight) for us (and most others,
too, I'd bet).  I hear that the reason for the performance order is
that the promoter wanted Eric last to calm the audience down (LOL
:-D).  As listers probably know, there's a huge football game the next
day and they thought it would be more prudent to send people home with
a headfull of slowhand blues rather than a LOUD, AGGRESSIVE
performance of Quad. :-).  I think this is pretty humorous, myself.

> From: Jacksonjim@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 12:41:48 -0400
> Subject: Politics
>
> >I'd be willing to bet that there's a correlation with the number of years a
> person attends college and their political persuasion<
>
> I believe there are data that back this up.

Um...I'll bite...so, what _is_ the correlation?  People with more
years of education tend to be more [[US only: Republican, Democrat],
conservative, liberal, ...]?  I could give arguments for either/any of
the above.

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701