Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #195

Greetings, all... ("Oh, shit, here comes the obligatory 'I'm a newbie'
message.")

Lots of talk about the Quadrophenia show, but let me take a step
backwards to another epic, Tommy. :)  Is there a good reason why most of
the Tommy material from Live at Leeds was left off the album?  Just when
I thought I was going to hear the whole thing performed live (sorry, the
"Join Together" box just doesn't do it for me), someone comes along and
throws a spanner in the works!  Let me guess...it's a marketing thing,
right?  "We'll wait until 1999 and release ANOTHER box and make even more
money off of the little buggers, yahoo!"  Are there any decent boots
(featuring Keith) out there with the whole thing?

Thanks!

- --Steve Quarrella, dfish@metronet.com
  "It's a Sicilian message...it means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."