Misc. crap

Howdy gang,

Just got back to RDU from a weekend of estate sales in MD (which the wife
drags me to every coupla weeks), but picked up some interesting items I
thought I'd share:  A box of about 100 60's era LP's--including ALL the
original Capitol Beatles thru Sgt. Pepper (tho' Yesterday & Today isn't the
"Butcher" cover, rats), a Decca "Tommy" still in the shrink-wrap, and a copy
of the UK EP "Ready, Steady, Who!"--for which I paid $8.00.  Not a bad deal.

But now for the big gloat:  I picked up a '63 Strat in good shape along with
a '61 Bassman with white Tolex for the princely sum of $250.  HA HA HA HA
HA!!!

Also, with all the discussion about Dylan and the quality of his live shows
lately, let me throw in my 2 cents:  I saw Dylan at the Smith Center in
Chapel Hill NC, a venue with notoriously BAD acoustics, sometime around
'88-'90, I forget when exactly.  He had a stripped-down little band that
consisted of G.E. Smith, Kenny Aaronoff (sp?), and somebody else--I don't
know who it was. They played less than an hour and a half, but absolutely
kicked ass all over the stage.  Credit the band maybe--it was a hot little
band--but I think it proved (to me, at least) that Dylan is still capable of
putting on a good show.  I saw him again about two or three years ago, and he
sucked.  Is he still relevant?  I don't know.  Can he still put on a good
show?  We'll have to see.  (sound like anyone else?)

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. . .
AThosWhite