List content

So why do I jump in on this thread and not other, etc...

The short answer is that for quite some time now, I've been letting the list
run on "autopilot", not having the time to do much more than take care of
administrative requests (subs, unsubs, archives, etc...).  With the list
(and my) move to igtc, I have more time on my hands to see what is actually
being posted, hence my reply requesting that we please keep it on topic.

The list is currently running close to 100 messages/day.

Every time there is a flurry of off-topic posts, I also see a flurry of
unsubscribes, occasionally getting the odd comment about lack of Who
content.

The list was formed for dicussions relating to The Who.  The are other
mailing lists, USENET newsgroups, etc... that are more appropriate for the
discussion of other topics.

Archives of the list for ~4+ yrs are available at
ftp://ftp.igtc.com/pub/pmm/thewho  The oldest are in a folder labelled
who.Z, which contain the postings before I began maintainng the list (back
in the days when Eric did from UC Santa Cruz).

Am I a Who fan?  You bet.  From way back (no, I'm not going to date myself,
but lets say I can remember going to a certain concert in Providence, RI).

- -> Paul <-