Re: The Who & liberals vs conservatives

>To really throw this wide open and stir up a hornet's nest, I'd like to
also request that we include whether we're religious or not.  I truly
believe that there are three things you'll have difficulty changing in a
person: 1)religion 2)musical tastes and 3)political ideology.  Regarding
religion, although my father is a Lutheran minister (and politically
ultra-conservative), I'm an atheist.  If we really wanted to add some
interesting information and make a member profile, we could add age and
number of years of college (or highest degree).  I'd be willing to bet that
there's a correlation with the number of years a person attends college and
their political persuasion.

Tim:

First of all, it was quite surprising to walk into a out-of-town "record"
store and see a member of the Digest there. But I did, today, and it was
Tim. I knew that I wouldn't have time to visit, so it was nice to be able to
see you even for a few minutes. It's going to be great in NYC on the 17th, too.
Now, to the religion thing. I wouldn't say that I'm religious, but I am
spiritual. I define religion as a man-made path to God...and that's bound to
be littered with falsehoods, considering the source. I believe that there
are many pathways to the Universal Mind, and any group or sect that claims
to have "the one and only truth" is automatically wrong. The Big G, as I
sometimes think of him/her/it, would surely make it easy to reach h/h/i.
Groups or sects that have a bunch of laws that go against the nature of
mankind, as it was created by God in the first place, just doesn't work with
the program. And it amazes me how few "religious" people don't see that
basic flaw in their beliefs.
Me, I meditate and contemplate and generally do what I can to be a better
person. It may be that I fry for that, but we'll see.
Oh well...the hornet's nest is well stirred now.

                   Cheers                   ML