Re: Stereo Versions

At 09:28 PM 06/21/96 -0500, Luke Pacholski <LukPac@newrock.com> wrote:

>Maybe the box did issue more stereo, but it seems to me it left a lot in
>mono (ie, Magic Bus, the "narrow" I'm A Boy, of course the Quick One stuff,
>the Last Time...). Still wonder about Magic Bus... How is the "proper"
>version on the LP different from the stereo version on the Whos Better Whos
>Best CD???
>
>Mr. Stereo himself...
>
>Luke

The stereo version on the US "Magic Bus" LP is sonically superior to any
other version I've heard although it is available in true stereo on the US
"Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" CD.

Then of course there is the long (4:28) different version of "Magic Bus"
which I have only found on the US and UK "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" LPs.

I have never heard of "Last Time" or "Under My Thumb" having ever being
released in true stereo.

We should make up a list of Who songs that have never been issued in true
stereo and whether there is a chance they will be. Let's see, there is:

"My Generation" LP - will someday be issued in stereo
"I Can't Explain" - will someday be issued in stereo
"Anytime You Want Me" - will someday be issued in stereo
"Anyway Anyhow Anywhere" - will someday be issued in stereo
"Substitute" - will someday be issued in stereo
"Happy Jack" - probably does not exist in stereo
"See My Way" - probably does not exist in stereo
"Last Time" - probably does not exist in stereo
"Under My Thumb" - probably does not exist in stereo
"Pictures of Lily" - probably does not exist in stereo

There's more. What else?

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/