Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #185

Boy, is there some desparation out there on the Who mailing list!
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the genuine article (wild
loud raucous rock) disappeared from the Who's main makeup in about 78 or 79
(I'd argue 76, but get a lot of guff about that.)  Look, the band Townshend
gushed and gurgled over unabashedly is coming to a rock arena near you.
Yup, even here in stumptown.  So if they're still together by then, I'd
MUCH sooner see that version.  In fact, their lead singer's solo band
put on a performance last time I saw him that removed all doubt that he's
one of the only rock performers over forty who believes what the hell they're
doing.

Whew!  Gotta get off that soapbox.  It was all high and giddy up there!

Anyways, you get half a guess as to whom that is.

Jeff