Re: PLEASE!!

Andy, re:

>I don't mean to be rude, but try to put yourself in my shoes.  How would you
like it if you accidentally, say (looking for an acceptible comparison) put a
list of ALL your bootlegs on this list and then suddenly found your e-mail
box filling up with requests for tapes like Toronto '82--things ANYBODY
should be able to find without too much difficulty?  That is the situation I
have found myself in.

Welcome to the Who Digest! I think I started out the same way and got burnt
out a bit on people's demands, where instead of thanking you, for what you
gave them for free, they're demanding even more! Then, they turn around and
accuse you of being a "mean old man" and don't "love" you anymore... (a
little exaggerated... ...but not by much...)

On the other hand, there's a LOT of nice people out here who know a bit
better than "I Want", "Give Me!", "I Need!". Unfortunately, sometimes they
get a bit scared off by the "crossfire" and don't understand some of the
background of these "discussions". I was recently e-mailing a very nice
person who thought I was going to "bite", if she/he asked or said something
to me and found out there was nothing to be "afraid of"...

I'm glad you posted this... it adds some perspective that a lot of people
don't understand...

- -wf