Re: Patti Smith, MyBackDoor

Lauren, re:

>As for my former screen name, MyBackDoor, it's the name of my favorite
Melissa Etheridge song.  (She's been one of my faves for years.  Check her
out on stage before you consider dissing her.  Next to The Who and
Springsteen, I think she's the best.)

I don't know anything about Etheridge, so I can't say... However, Springsteen
has to be one of the most OVER-RATED UNDERTALENTED morons in the business...
I loved the way he blew off the "E Street Band"... not that they were any
good..... ...you can see "Mighty Max" (a metronome can perform better) in his
true calling on Conan (?)... As for his songs... "I Got A Dollar In My
Pocket"??? Geez, and 50 MILLION in the other??? Or what's with the low-life
themes of hanging around at the 7-ll at the edge of town on a Saturday night
with.... a dollar in my pocket! Sorry, but Springsteen just stinks...

>>Patti Smith's debut album Horses has just been reissued.  Why should Who
fans
care?  Because it's got a rippin' cover of "My Generation."  It was released
some time ago as a B side.  It's cool.

I used to like Patti Smith when I was a youngin'... I bought that silly 12"
in the brown bag and all and have to say that for Patti and as a Who cover,
it really is bad...

- -wf