Why should I care...

Having read all of the posts about excited Who fans getting tickets to the
MSG shows, I feel old. Yes..I experienced them in their prime, saw many shows
as early as 71 and have bought every album, CD, tape they have hawked ( I
even have the infamous "Who covers Who" cd with bands like the Blur and the
Buck Pets doing Who songs..ugh!) I've gone to every concert I could and have
lived alot of the songs. I've watched these guys get older, wiser, and
humbler. No one is the same person he/she was in 1970. We age, but the music
is like a snap shot picture of the times... it will survive the ages.
Deep down I feel the excitment everyone has about the shows, but not to the
point of traveling 500 miles to NYC. The masses, the fighting with crowds all
over town, can't get a cab to save your life, dealing with unhappy and
unpleasent people etc.,etc. only to hear  music that I know every word to,
reworked for the 90's, and done by guest artist?  Will there be any sincerety
to the performances? The "empty seats in numbered rows" don't belong to Pete
anymore.
Anyway, with Quad, I think it was Pete's intent that Jimmy go off the cliff
with his GS Scooter. Pete left that life well behind and Roger's scream of
LOVE at the end of LROM confirms it.
Go to MSG? Nope. I hate NY. It sucks as a city. But if those guys ( whatever
they call themselves) come to Chicago.......JIMMY LIVES!!!!

Have fun at the MSG shows and post those details.
ms