Re: records shows

> From: RWNomad <Kindari@jcc-uky.campus.mci.net>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:25:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: records shows

[much interesting discussion deleted]

> >>... the enforcement is pretty lax as well
>
> >I wish it were! They did pat-searches at the
> >Fillmore and had huge security goons cruising
> >_through_ the packed crowd at the Supper Club
> >during the show :-(.
>
>      Wowwwwwwwwwww -- worst I've ever seen were
> metal detectors at a concert in Houston,

I was at that show...or, at least, the Houston '82 show involved metal
detector searches, but I never heard that that was why.

>because
> of some recent bomb threats. Bizarre that they'd
> search actively for recorders during a show
> that's going to be re-broadcast ... guess I'll
> have to invest in a pin-mic & wireless transmitter
> some day ...

Just to clarify, the pat-searches were at the Fillmore (San Francisco,
which was commercially recorded), but the during-show cruising was at
the Supper Club (New York, which was not commercially recorded).

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701