Politics & DP (no Who content)

>No, it's been reported by the dems, not the media.  If you read
>editorials in the NY Times and even the DC Post they smell somethings
>funny.  The media had their wake up call with the recent trial in AK, and
>they are finally realizing that something is wrong.  The only way the
>Clintons will be found of any wrongdoing is if there is a trial, and it's
>coming.

Ian:

Not unless CNN etc. is owned by the Demos, and (despite Jane Fonda) somehow
I must doubt that. The GOP is beating their breast about the three who were
found guilty, but nothing has been found concerning the Clintons etc. etc.

>You don't blame Clinton for taxes yet you want to blame GOP's for social
>issues they themselves can't control? It's pretty obvious to
>me that Dole is pro abortion (always has been, if you have a wife like
>Eliz Dole, you wouldn't want to disagree) but since there is this moron
>side of the GOP called the christian col. he must feed lip service to
>them.  Just as Clinton fed lip service to Act Up.

No, I don't blame Clinton for raising taxes...it's that or the country goes
down under the debt created by Reagonomics. The GOP is suicidal...they want
to lower taxes when we owe so much. Brilliant!
And I do blame the GOP for trying to force their morals on me as law. That's
just not right.
Yes, the Xtians own the GOP, and personally I find that distasteful. I say:
if the churches want to get involved in politics, then they should be taxed
like any other PAC. They want to force their religion on us all.
I knew during the last GOP convention that the Xtians had destroyed the
party. History has proven this to be true.
The difference between Clinton and Dole is that Dole will not just pay lip
service but act that way. And if he doesn't believe it, that makes it even
more wrong.

>HAHAHAHAHA you hit it on the head, the guy's a total fake.  That is same
>voice I've heard at the recent "black church crisis", and the same voice
>and expressions I saw at Rabin's funeral.

No, not fake...just someone who tried to make a joke that some
small-thinking individuals try to make into something it's not. It was no
big "statement." it was merely an aside.

>Come on Mark, you aren't that naive are you?  The same powers that were
>working in Reagan's favor are now working in Clintons.  The economy is
>something a president CAN'T change, except with a manipulation of the
>interest rates.  Ask ANY senator (GOP or dem) and they'll tell you off
>the record Dole is as honest as they come.  It's true that I'm not a Dole
>lover (never was, never will be) but comparing that to no idealogy I'll
>say anything to get elected fake I'll take a 70 yr old man over Clinton.

Not me. The problem with the GOP is that they always want to force school
prayer on people, lower the higher levels of taxes and raise the lower level
(good plan), censor television, and for the most part try and make this
country into a 3rd grade level society. And so on. I don't want anyone
tampering with my life and freedom. And I definitely A) don't trust Dole,
who obviously is willing to be what his supporters want him to be ("If you
want me to be Reagan, I'll be Reagan.") & B) I can NEVER support fascism.
Not even a little bit. I disagree with the GOP platform completely. They are
backward-thinking, whereas the Dems are (for the most part)
forward-thinking. You can't put the genie back into the bottle.
The economy is better because the deficit is down.
And I know that you're going to mention Clinton and trust...and yes, I trust
him to continue what he's been doing...and since the country is obviously in
better shape.

>Actually Hal/April was the first Mk II single.  BTW do you have Concerto
>for Group and Orchestra?  A must have.

I heard it long ago, but I don't have it.

                   Cheers                   ML