Re: There's Mr. Plant, then there's ROGER DALTREY

> Who are you, Rush in disguise? Whitewater is a red herring...they've found
> nothing at all after YEARS of searching. There's no point in making a
> Watergate out of it...nothing happened. The worst thing they've been able to
> dig up is that Hillery handled documents that were from her desk at some
> point. Wow, what a revelation!

I advise you to read "Bloodsport", a book that was written by someone
with zero political agenda.  The author was actually approved by both
Clintons and at first were open in providing info.  It wasn't until he
started to get to the facts that they put on the clamps.  Personally it's
one of those "I don't have any drugs, search all you want....oh whoops".
We can always start with fraudulent tax records, illegal campaign funds,
etc.

Please don't pin me down as a die hard conservative, I voted for Clinton
in '92.  I also know now that he's one crooked SOB and I made a serious
mistake.

> The GOP is clinging to a hope that just won't pan out for them.
> BTW, that "I didn't inhale" was a joking aside that SOME people took
> seriously. Not me, I thought it was funny. Not that I care anyway; I'd
> rather have a Rock music fan and a Pot smoker in office than a old man who
> wants to censor television.

I happen to remember when Clinton said that, and believe me that was
political speak and not a joke.  Clinton had one of those "I feel your
pain" expressions at the time.

> >I never saw Gillan as a Plant imitator because I've heard the pre "In
> >Rock" singles where he clearly shows his own style.  In fact I don't
> >think it's a mystery why they chose him to sing on the Jesus Christ
> >Superstar album, he could've done well on broadway with that role.
>
> I have those singles, too. I'm not saying that IG was an exact imititator,
> but he certainly picked it up and ran with it.

Which ones do you have, I'd like to compare since I'm a fan of the MK II
Purple.

> >> But Daltrey still has his moments...on Live Aid he ends Love Reign O'er Me
> >> very well. I think his voice may be 80% of what it was at its peak. At
> >> least, on DST.
> >
> >I say 50%.  He has the same problem as plant that he can't hit those high
> >ones anymore.  Amazing Journey is good evidence on DST the PPV special.
>
> I still have to give him more than that. 80% means most of the time. I think
> he's got that.

You seem to give more credit to Daltrey than Plant.