Fenderbirds

Jennifer-

re:
>AThosWhite wrote:<
>>a "Fenderbird" bass<<

>Really?  Is that like a Thunderbird?<

Well, yes.  And no.  In the mid-70's, before he switched to Alembics, John
played a series of bastardized instruments that were referred to as
"Fenderbirds."  In essence, the Fenderbird was a Fender Precision Bass neck
(though I've heard some sported a Jazz Bass neck, which doesn't make a hell
of a lot of sense to me given how wide the fretboards were on the Alembics
and his current Buzzards) attached to a Gibson Thunderbird body.  Thus the
name.  My memory could be wrong (it often is), but I THINK he's playing one
in the "Who Are You" sequence in TKAA if you want a better look at what I'm
talking about.

The eyes in the room are all looking at the star,
The butts are all shakin' to the bass guitar. . .
AThosWhite