Re: More on bootlegs...

You wrote:

>Bruce, you seem to be talking about live concerts.   What about stuff
like
>"From Lifehouse to Leeds", "Maximum BBC" and "Life With the Moons"?

FLTL and Maximum BBC are two exceptions to the rule.  In the case of
FLTL, the CD was made from the actual master tape.  Max. BBC uses the
best known recordings of BBC material outside of the masters.  For this

reason I bought (actually I traded tapes for both :-)) both CDs, even
though I had all of this material on tape before I got the CDs.

What I want to know is when is the rest of the material from the tape
used to make FLTL going to be released.  I'd also like to hear the
other six master reels of Lifehouse outtakes (from the same facility)
released which were sold at public auction in Record Collector.  One
thing is true The Who and their management don't have them.  The band
and Trinifold were notified, but nobody bothered to get them.  Some
enterprising individual(s) picked them up, and apparently made a nice
profit on their investment.  Somebody out there can make their own
Lifehouse box set, maybe its someone on the list?  If so how about
sharing them with the rest of us.

For those of you who want to know the whole story on all of this, I
would suggest you read the following:

"Bootleg: The Secret History of The Other Recording Industry" by
Clinton Heylin (St. Martins Press).  This book is aka "Great White
Wonders" in the UK.

"Generations" Issue 10 pages 21-22 By John Atkins & Phil Hopkins.

Bruce