Calling it the Who without...

I don't get involved in flame wars on principle (just a personal choice - if
others want to, go ahead - this is supposed to be a free forum on Who
topics) but no one has the right to tell me to get off the list for simply
expressing a sincerely held opinion on the current overall state of
Daltrey's voice (in response BTW to a similar post by another lister). I
note also that Chris Hinkle has expressed similar sentiments, so  clearly
I'm not alone (but even if I was I have the right to state my views). More
generally, I don't think we do a service to the Who to say that everything
they do is great, awesome, etc. It isn't, and they know that themselves: few
rockers have been more self-searching than PT, for example. When Daltrey has
been good I've said so (eg. on the DST performances I heard, also on stage
with the Chieftans a few years ago in Belfast). But there are other times
when he's been much less good and I'd wished, as a fan who loved his work in
its prime, that he'd have stayed home. I hope Daltrey sings well on the
upcoming shows, and I'm pulling for him as I'm sure we all are....Gary M.