Re: Calling It The Who Without Pete

Gary, re:

> I know WF and some others disagree with me, but I can hear the decline
starting with Quadrophenia. There is a constriction, hoarseness, and lack of
power starting with that album which simply got worse as time went by.
Listen to Love Reign O'er Me for example in Toronto in '82 - a particularly
awful nadir.

Keep in mind that Toronto, '82 was the last show of a long tour. That whole
concert really <Bashir> with probably the exception of "It's Hard" and
"Eminence Front". Compare Roger 7 years later doing "Love Reign O'er Me" at
Radio City. BIG difference... It's funny, but I've heard Roger say something
to the effect that the weather actually has an effect on his voice. Depending
on where and when he's touring has an impact on how he sings. Personally, I
thought he sang better in '89, which he then claimed was due to the lower
volume level on stage, so that he could hear himself and "sing" versus
"scream". At the WhoFest in September, he sang perfectly, totally unstrained.
I'd say he still has it, and is in great shape for his age...

- -wf