There's Mr. Plant, then there's ROGER DALTREY

Mark,

You win hands down in this debate (I finally felt defeated for once,
except when you use politics and rationalization, please turn to the
current events of the Clinton campaign for my undoing, Reagan was
NEVER this silly).  As a man I have to take the fact that yes, I was
wrong about Robert Plant.  Silly me, as a Zep fan but blind Zep fan
hater I was caught with my german sheapard walkind dog.  I went back
(yes it's been a while, I can only take quick doses of LZ before I
turn them off, at least I know that I still enjoy them) to listen and
noticed Plant's voice failing him by '75 definately.  What I always
accepted as a Rod Stewart, Janis approach is just Robert losing his
talent early in life.

Now as far as Roger goes I always thought he hit his stride during
the '69 Tommy tour.  On the Tommy album, you still hear Roger before
he gained that incredible depth and texture he's known for on
WN/Quad.  As for his decline, it happened AFTER Who Are You.  The '82
tour is quick evidence that Roger can't scream anymore (as someone
mentioned "Love"...damn that's sad).  As for his regular singing
voice it's become quite raspy and isn't really the singer he once
was.  Plant may have just been the best rock singer up till '71, but
after that Roger ruled for at least 3-5 years thereafter.  If anyone
brings Ian Gillan into this argument you lose out.  I used to believe
that the greatest screamer (and Ian beat Plant out by far) in rock
but quickly realized that depth and feeling count for something.