Re: Calling it the Who without Pete...

Mark Leaman wrote:

> >While it may be easier to imitate John Bonham, his sound is hard to
> >copy.  I contest that Bonham was as best a fit for LZ as Moon for the
> >Who.  Bonham wasn't just a timekeeper, he was a force by himself.  But
> >here's what I don't understand, when do you think Plant lost his voice?
>
> It must be easy to imitate Bonham; Phil Collins could do it.

Having drummed a long time ago, Bonham was very easy to put imitate (in
my mother's attic with hedphones on). IMHO, Bonham was a great mix of
timekeeper and "lead" drummer, as opposed to Moonie, WHO was a "lead"
drummer. Every kid I knew in high school WHO played drums (4 on my block
alone) aspired to be Bonham for the raw simplicity of being able to copy
the fills.

I only aspired to be Moonie after I went to college and got deeply into
THEWHO.

AND, I for one am a fan of Phil Collins, (blast away, I know many of you
will). I won't defend his lyrics, or stage presence but I do like his
voice for certain things. Face Value got me over an old girlfriend.

Anyways, FWIW, there's my 2cents on the man WHO would be Bonzo...