Late thoughts on C-S-S-F

I've just gotten my hands on SMOOTHTALKINGetc. and have this to say:
For any out there who (like me) were reluctant enough to not buy this one
for "one or two" (depends how you feel about remixes) new tracks (and I was
reluctant enough to wait until it was a Father's Day present), I would say:
wait no longer. Every track has been remixed, and you will definitely hear
the differences. How I feel about the reverb added to some vocals I can't
say...I have my best stereo here at the store, as you can imagine. It's a
joy to hear these songs, though...I'm enjoying it the second time around
now. English Boy has added impact, for instance. Sheraton Gibson has the
guitarwork brought out front (and it's impressive), and the same goes for
Pure And Easy. They sound great. Rough Boys sounds almost too tinny at
first, but the leadwork is certainly up front and you can hear licks that
don't show up even on the gold disc. Friend Is A Friend has a longer
ending...and sounds improved enough to get me interested in a remix of the
entire album...my least favorite Pete.
Uneasy Street is interesting to me, for coming from PSYCHODERELICT it sounds
nothing like any other song from that album. I'll have to hear this one a
few more times; it's one that will have to sink in.
Ah, the Cola Mix. Not anything to write home about, but it has a new vocal
(must be) and probably guitarwork.
And so on...they all have their points, and they've been pointed out here
before. It isn't the new cuts that make this one worth having, surprisingly
enough...it's what they've done with the old ones. Nice commentary by Pete,
too. I'm glad I've got this one.
One more thing: hearing the demos herein (P&E and SG), it seems a shame
Astley isn't remixing ALL of the demos. Maybe as a post-Who remix project...

                   Cheers                   ML