Re: Calling it the Who without Pete...

>I'm speaking of what the Moody Blues became, which I admit to knowing
>before I paid my ticket, IE why bother touring?  The same can apply to the
>current Pink Floyd.

Ian:

It's the same band and the same songwriters in the Moodies. They made the
decision to change...and while I like it about as much as you do, I don't
think it applies to this debate.

>While it may be easier to imitate John Bonham, his sound is hard to
>copy.  I contest that Bonham was as best a fit for LZ as Moon for the
>Who.  Bonham wasn't just a timekeeper, he was a force by himself.  But
>here's what I don't understand, when do you think Plant lost his voice?

It must be easy to imitate Bonham; Phil Collins could do it.
When did Plant lose his voice, you ask? It was obvious on HOUSES, and went
down from there. He really hit a low point on ITTOD.

                   Cheers                   ML