Re: Drivel or Lauren's "popularity pole"

Lauren, re:

>I'm sorry to post this publicly, but it doesn't feel OK to me.  It's
disturbing enough for me to take the personal risk of asking others to
respond.  Do you feel this way?  Do you think it's a crock of <Picard>?
 Please email privately so that people reading the list needn't waste their
time.  Thanks.

It's too bad you didn't take my first piece of advice, which was to "apply
more thought BEFORE you posted..."

Do you really expect people to respond via e-mail and be honest with their
opinions of you??? I got news for you, that will NEVER happen... Stupid or
uninformed people will commiserate with you, smart people will laugh at you
and the majority of the people will simply ignore you.

Here's what type of responses to expect (said or unsaid):

THOUGHTS:

"Here we go again!"
"HA! HA! HA!"

EMAIL:
To you:

"Oh Lauren, that WF is soooo cruel! You're just his latest victim..."
"Oh, I like you, even though I'm only 7."
"Say, do you have any dirt on Fang?"
"Hey, you're the best! ...who are you again???"

To me:

"Oh my GAWD! What an idiot!"
"Where did you find this twit?"
"Hey, tell me what started this one! The list has been boring lately!"
"Oh, I like you, even though I'm only 7."

PUBLIC POSTS:

The usual "stiring of the pot" for everyone's mutual enteratinment...

I will say this about that... I responded to YOUR e-mail candidly and
politely. You've chosen to embarass yourself publically, not me... Oh, and
while you're at it, why not post the REST of the e-mail, so it's not "out of
context"...

- -wf