Re: Calling it the Who without Pete...

> From: mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
>
> Except that Zep should have called it quits after the death of Plant's
> voice. And I could argue that a drummer is nowhere near as essential in Zep
> as it was for The Who, if essential at all.

I gather you've never been to a recent (like '93) Plant solo concert, and
haven't followed the Page/Plant tour very closely.  If you had, you'd find
that Plant's voice is in amazing shape and Page's guitar playing is fully
up to his previous high standards.  If there was one show that exemplifies
all of this it was: Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct. 7, 1995.  There's video
and audio available of this show, I recommend you check it out.

My only lament about Zep->Page/Plant is also echoed in my feelings about
the early 80's Who:  Their most recent material no longer attempts to be
hard rock, they're more interested in the arrangements than in the songs
themselves.

- --Steve