Re: The Who in SF

Lauren, re:

>I just got a call from a friend in the Bay Area telling me that there is a
rumor going around that The Who will be appearing at the Free the XXX?
festival at Golden Gate Park/Polo Grounds this Saturday.  If anyone has any
info, I would appreciate a private email along with your post, as I'm one of
those digest folks.

Yes... it's true. The Who are taking a break from rehersals in England,
shipping all their equipment (at their own personal expense) to SF, playing
for the "Free The XXX Movies Concert" (a group of people who believe that
"XXX Movies" should be free), then shipping everything back (again, at their
own personal expense), finishing rehearsals, then playing New Hyde Part,
shipping their equipment to NYC, while they take a slow trip across the
Atlantic, on the Titanic II. If I were you, I'd hop on a plan tonight and
hope it doesn't rain...

Hope this helps!

- -wf