On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:

> In this issue:
>
> 	testing new list location
> 	hopefully the last test
> 	This is a test, please ignore
> 	another
> 	This is jessica testing.
> 	another test from jessica
> 	NOTE!  The Who Mailing list has moved to a new home!
> 	The Legacy
[etc.] snipped

Yowee!  We got topics listings now!  Life just gets better-n-better.
Thanks, Paul.

> From: mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 00:11:56 -0400
> Subject: Pete @ Fillmore
>
> Can someone give the the date on the Pete solo show broadcast on the WWI
> last weekend? Thanks in advance...

It was April 30.  Trivia note: Due to the second Los Angeles House of
Blues show starting after midnight, Pete actually performed two shows
on April 30 in different cities.

> ------------------------------
>
> From: chris@trn.or.jp (Chris Hinkle)
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:10:16 +0900
> Subject: JAE Anthology
>
> Folks,
> Look on my page for link to a company that is selling John's Anthology online.
>
> cmh
> http://www2.trn.or.jp/chris/index.html

This might be an apropos moment to mention John's homepage,
www.eden.com/~theox, for any new readers.  It too contains a link to
said company.

> From: John Blomberg <John_Blomberg.NOTES@crd.lotus.com>
> Date: 13 Jun 96  6:03:56 EDT
> Subject: Who else is disappointed?
>
> I just read in Rolling Stone that Richard Starsky Jr. (I know that's not his
> real name, but I don't care what it really is) is playing drums for the
> Quadrophenia shows.  Heaven help us if he plays drums anything like his
> father.  Has anyone heard if he's any good?

Why, yes, I have.  I think I read in some interview somewhere he
sucks.  The Who are spiralling down into oblivion and decided to hire
the crappiest drummer they could find to hasten their suicidal plunge.
Congratulations on having discovered their diabolical plan.

BWAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HASH (oops).

How about waiting until you're hurt before you holler?  You seem to be
surprisingly hostile toward Zak without knowing anything about his
work, plus having some trouble distinguishing him from his father.
FWIW, IMO he kicks ass and John and Roger share that opinion.  See you
at MSG, I presume?  or are you just standing around outside yelling
sour grapes?

> Couldn't Townshend talk Entwistle and Daltrey into getting Simon Phillips again
> ... or is Phillips going to be busy with another project during these shows?

What did you do, get this out of the dictionary under "moot"?

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701