MSG Ticketmaster/Amex

The number to call for MSG tickets is 212-307-4653. This is the NY number
dedicated
to American Express / Ticketmaster. This number simply connects you to
Ticketmaster
Gold. It is set up to field calls from Amex Gold card holders only.......but:

I called it and asked about the MSG shows. They tell me the info on the news
and radio is WRONG. They say call on Sat. for confirmation of their policy,
but as of now, anyone can call any Ticketmaster number in the NY area, and
buy tickets on Monady at 9AM.
You do not have to have a Amex card, just a credit card. If these shows sell
out there
are plans to add 2 shows, 7/20 and 7/21. If they do not, then on Wed. at 9
they will begin to sell tickets at the various outlets for what does not get
sold by phone. If the first three
shows do sell out, then tickets for the 2 added shows will go on sale Wed. at
9, at all
Ticketmaster outlets, and charge by phone as well.

Confused? I am. Are they trying to limit scalpers? Don't they know that a
ticket agent
scalper will simply round up a bunch of people, dish out credit cards, and
call in a telemarketing like fashion?
 Is it an assumption that all people who would go are credit card holders? If
so, that is a bit eliteist?

Kyle in NJ