Re: Who IS The Who

Gary, re:

>>So in a similar vein, Ringo Starr and George Harrison could get, say Julian
>>Lennon (who sounds and even LOOKS like his dad) and Mike McGear (Paul
>>McCartney's brother) and BE The Beatles?  Is that what you're saying?

>Let's see,
>There was the Michael Clarke Byrds, the Gene Clark Byrds, the current
>Creedence Clearwater Revisited. I saw a poster for a bill of Buffalo
>Springfield & the Yardbirds.  Springfield had only drummer Dewey martin,
>YBirds had rhythm guitarist Chris Dreja & drummer Jim McCarty.
>Best, GaryM

True enough.  Very similar to the Beach Boys example I cited in my original
post:  these guys aren't touring and using the name without permission.  Me
and Pete Best could conceivably get permission from Yoko and Paul to call
ourselves "The Beatles," but that wouldn't mean that the folks who shelled
out $25 a pop to see us would be getting their money's worth.  Roger and John
COULD tour as "The Who" with Pete's permission, and I'd be right up there in
line to buy my tickets, but I wouldn't be there to see "The Who,"  I'd be
there to see Roger and John.  Anybody who thought they were there to see "The
Who" would either be stupid or fooling themselves.

My toothpaste was smeared. . .
AThosWhite