Who IS The Who

>I fully expect to be torn to ribbons for the following post, but it needs to
>be said.
>them.  But NONE of it could have happened if Pete hadn't brought them the
>songs

>The VOICE of a band can change.

I don't think you "get" The Who. The other members' presence facilitated
Pete's songwriting. Townshend was [supposedly] picked on, left out, etc. as
a kid and has that nasal, whiny singing voice. Then, there's Daltrey with
everything Pete lacked including a tough powerful singing voice. Don't you
realize that Pete was writing [most of the time] with Roger's voice in mind?
He was writing songs bolstered by the idea of who was gonna sing and play
'em. (Or, is `A Legal Matter' the ultimate rock performance cuz the writer
sang it?)

> (Compare Pete's YBYB demo "I still WRITE a razor line" to The Who's
>version--"I still SING a razor line."  Roger knows his place.  He doesn't
>LIKE it--and who can blame him--but he knows it)

I always thought this song has some entertaining references to cocaine,
starting with the razor line and "all night living".