Re:record shows

>Good day all....I was at a record show Sunday up here in the great white north,
>and all the dealers who were there said that this was the last show where they
>would have,umm, import concerts on cd & vid. I know people have been saying the
>crackdown is coming, so I guess it's here. Here's what gets me. While these
>performances are outstanding in some cases, for the most part these are
>recordings or shows that the bands themselves had no interest in releasing
>commercially. Either for quality or saturation reasons, I mean like who's gonna
>release every show from a tour right? Diehard fans of any group are after these
>things and even if a live album/vid is released, they're gonna buy it anyhow.
>But for fans like us any output from "our" band is gonna grab our attention and
>maybe quench our particular thirst. The Beatles Anthology material has been
>available, for the most part, for years on boots. This stuff was not released
>for the reasons stated above and it wasnt untill the vaults had been bled dry
by
>some money grubbin corporate weasles, that they went back for this stuff. Well
I dont think it sold like they had hoped, and nobody cared about "Free As A
Bird". Point being only the real collectors of Beatle stuff were interested.
Anything of real quality by anyband is tightly gaurded,i.e. unreleased LAL WN
which boots of didnt become available untill they started workin on the
re-issues. So the stuff that gets out is either from radio broadcasts or
audience tapes(generally poor quality). Anything else that gets out I have to
assume that the band themselves leaks(the Stones are big for this).
My point to this whole rant is that it's not the bands so much that hate
bootleggin( pirating is another matter) but the bean counters. The rich
corporations want MORE MONEY. They're not gonna make millions from say a LAL
Tommy set, but for Who fans we're sreamin for it. Maybe it will be done but
they're not in any hurry because there really is no big bucks in it. RD himself
said in Goldmine about releasing the Isle Of Wight set,"Who would care?" well I
guess they figured it out, WE DO ! It's  not gonna be a blockbuster release to
set the Rock & Roll world realing, but it will satisfy the true fans and maybe
make some new ones. Tommy live from 69/70 was powerful and The Who at their peak
live.(ok,ok the early 70's stuff too). It just frustrates me that corporations
can shut down the spread of these recordings because they have the money and
clout, but wont stop polluting and raping our planet just because there is big
bucks in that. It seams petty to me. Do something for the good of all, you
people with the money, and leave us collectors alone. Even the people who
produce these recording are not gettin rich off them, and if you want to stop it
release it yourselves, or are you affraid of losing too much?