Re: More defending Pete

At 12:37 PM 6/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>yeow, I got some line nosie that last message and inaverdantly sent it
>before I was done. bear with me, folks. :)
>
>Anyways, as I was saying, I'd love the chance to see the Who. But who am
>I to demand that Pete leave his family to tour? Besides, nostalgia is
>all fine and good, but would it REALLY be the same? Do we want the Who
>to become a big joke, like the Rolling Stones are now? Personally, I
>don't.
>
>                              -Yellow Ledbetter
>This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
>Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com
>

>Whoa, hang on a sec, the current live show of the Stones, as evidenced by
their recent album and longform video, ain't no joke; au contraire they
reflect the remarkable comeback to optimal live form by the world's greatest
rock 'n roll band (the Who are the world's greatest Rock band).  If you're
referring to the Stones' recent studio work, yes, it isn't that hot, but we
can't use that as a basis of comparison as this would be to compare apples
and oranges - the premise here is a LIVE Who reunion, right? (BTW even the
Stones' latter day studio releases are 10 times better than the Goo Goo
Dolls, Sloan, Oasis, etc.) I'll tell you what older rock band should be an
inspiration to a revamped live Who - Van Halen. Check out that new single of
their's - it's a melodic heavy rock/rap kind of work out that soars into the
stratosphere...Gary M.