Re: Pete Slams Roger (is he in the NHL?)

At 3:45 6/8/96, The Who Mailing List wrote:
>Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 15:52:25 -0500
>From: maiullo@tms.attmail.com (Gary Maiullo)
>Subject: Re: Pete Slams Roger (is he in the NHL?)
>
>Jim, re:

>the 94 GOLDMINE. It was good to see Roger's perspective on the band, but
>Roger's bitterness seems childish. I understand how major the Who was in his
>life, but he had it for a very long time. He should either move on or find
>ways to do the Who that can satisfy him to some extent.
>
>        That's exactly what I thought when I read the piece.  It's as if he
>thinks Pete owes him something.  How ironic -- if it wasn't for Pete, chances
>are that Roger would still be a "rust-repairer".

I am told that the interview that appeared in _Goldmine_ was the wrong
version.  While it is what Roger said, it is not all what he wished to be
published.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend