Re: debauchery = success

> Does  anybody  think  that  debauchery  plays  a  part  in  success
>and  such,  because  most  of  the  people  that  are  truly  great
>and  excell  in  things  do  some  really  fucked  up  stuff,  i.e.
>rasputin, hendrix,  keith  moon, esp.  keith  moon,  pete  townshend,
> alexander  the  great  etc.

Yvette:

While I wouldn't say that debauchery is part of the success (unless you
count drugs in there...Townshend himself said many times that he needed Pot
to appreciate music, and it no doubt influenced his music...and LSD, too), I
do think that highly intelligent people are often drawn to a destructive
lifestyle. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's to numb the conscience. That would
be my guess.
BTW, I'm recording the WWI Townshend Fillmore show right now. Great version
of English Boy and Drowned so far.

                   Cheers                   ML